I want to use my service as...
How do I forward my number?
How do I set a Failover Number?
How do I change the number of rings before the call is sent to voicemail?
How do I initiate a conference or transfer a call?
How do I order an Analog Telephone Adapter?
Do you have a referral program?
outgoing-only Pay As You Go Voice over IP:
To use your account as an outgoing only account, there are very few steps involved:
- 1. If you want us to set your Caller ID to your home number or cell phone, please use the CONTACT link to request this.
- 2. Caller ID should work on almost all US & Canada calls, and some international calls - but not all international calls.
Two-way Internet Phone Service:
To use your account as an Internet Phone Service, please follow the following steps:
- 1. Choose your plan and Create an account.
- 2. After you are logged in, fund your account via Google Checkout or PayPal.
- 3. Please note there is a waiting period for us to verify your account.
- 4. Click the SIP INFO link inside the web console to get your SIP credentials.
- If you want to use an Analog Telephone Adapter:
- 5. Please Click Here for configuration examples for some popular adapters.
- If you want to use a soft phone (software phone):
- 6. We recommend X-Lite from Counterpath. You can download it here.
- 7. Please see our X-Lite configuration FAQ entry.
- If you do not already own an Analog Telephone Adapter and want to order one:
- 8. Please click on the Order Adapter link inside the web console.
- 1. Don't forget to order your phone number by clicking ORDER NUMBER inside the web console.
- 2. If you want to port a number instead (LNP), please click NUMBER PORTING instead.
- 3. Numbers are not assigned automatically - you must order or port a number to get one.
- 4. To initiate a 3-party conference with a Linksys adapter: after you connect to your first destination, hit flash on your phone. This will put the first destination on hold and give you a new dial tone. Dial the second destination, and hit flash again to connect the two.
- 5. After a conference is initiated, you can simply hang up and let the other two parties talk. (call transfer)
To use your account as a Calling Card, please follow the following steps:
- 1. Create an outgoing-only account as described here.
- 2. Call one of our access numbers. You can see the list here.
- 3. When asked for your PIN - enter your 8-digit account number.
- 4. Proceed to dial the number you wish to connect to.
- 1. If you'd like to register your home phone or cellphone to be automatically recognized by our calling card gateways (so you do not have to enter your PIN every time), please click on NO-PIN DIALING inside the web console, and add your phone number.
- 2. Different gateways display incoming Caller ID differently, so you might want to add your number in different formats. For example add BOTH 12125551212 and 2125551212 - not just one of those.
- 3. In some countries your CID may be pre-pended by a 0 so give that a try if it is not working.
To use your account as a Callback Service, please follow the following steps:
- 1. Create an outgoing-only account as described here.
- 2. Click on NO-PIN DIALING, and add the number you wish to use callback from into the list.
- 3. Call one of our Callback access numbers. You can see the list here.
- 4. If successful - our gateway will read back your account balance and hang up. You do not typically get charged for this call.
- 5. If your number not recognized - our gateway will read back the Caller ID it sees you coming from. Enter this number in your NO-PIN DIALING list.
- 1. Different gateways display incoming Caller ID differently, so you might want to add your number in different formats. For example add BOTH 12125551212 and 2125551212 - not just one of those.
- 2. If you'd like to set up DID Callback (we dedicate a phone number to you which will always call you back at a designated number when you call it) - please use the CONTACT link inside the web console to request this. Please mention the number you wish to be called at. There is a $1/month fee for the number.
Incoming-only DID (phone number):
To use your account for incoming DID(s), please follow the following steps:
- 1. Create an account as described here.
- 2. Click ORDER NUMBER inside the web console to order a NEW number - or click NUMBER PORTING to port an existing number.
- 3. We take care of the rest for you. When your number is ready it will appear in the MY PHONE NUMBERS link.
- 4. You will also receive billing notices for your number by email when it's ready, and every month.
- 1. To forward your number via SIP or to another number, click the MY PHONE NUMBERS link inside the web console.
- 2. The destination format in MY PHONE NUMBERS is SIP/user@host for SIP forwarding and 12125551212 for PSTN forwarding. PSTN numbers MUST be in full international format (10-digit format won't work!). Make sure to click VOIP_CALL=NO for forwarded numbers.
- 3. PSTN forwarding gets billed at the same rate as your outgoing plan, i.e. 1 cent/minute US & Canada if you're PAYG, or part if your plan minutes if you're on a plan which offers free minutes.
- 4. To change the number of rings before callers are directed to voicemail - click on MY PHONE NUMBERS, click on Edit next to the destination (SIP/youraccountnumber), and change the TIMEOUT field from the default 45 seconds to what you what. 1 ring = approx. 5 seconds.
- 5. If you set multiple priorities for the same number - they will be executed in order until one of them answers or all priorities are exhausted. (AKA Failover Number)
Referral program information:
New - we now offer a referral program! to participate, please use the following link format:
(replace 123456 with your 6-digit web login number)
1. Please post links only on pages you own or pages that allow them. Please no spam!
2. You are free to use any anchor text that makes sense. Examples: Future Nine, Future Nine Phone Service, Future Nine VOIP, etc. Feel free to be creative!
3. Payout rates depend on the referred user's plan. PAYG - $5, Bare Essentials - $10, BE yearly - $20, America Free - $15, AF yearly - $30.
4. The referred user must complete their purchase in the same session they were referred in.
5. We do not keep referral statistics at this point, we may in the future. If you believe we missed a referral please contact support and we'll fix it!
Share this page: